PROFESSIONAL QUANTITY SURVEYING (PQS) – ADVISORY
Clients often need access to independent, expert advice to support and supplement their own resources. They need someone to represent their best interests on complex and often high risk construction, property and facility related projects.
We advise and provide assurance to clients throughout New Zealand in the public, commercial and private sectors We identify and manage the opportunities to improve efficiencies, minimise risk and secure optimum value for our clients.
Our team includes independent consultants, milestone reviewers and active cost managers. They work together to share experience and knowledge, benchmarking and analysing data across a wide variety of sectors for the benefit of our clients.
The true value of the Professional Quantity Surveyor is their construction wisdom, their ability to factor in project specific peculiarities and to add real value rather than just count building elements.
PQS – COST MANAGEMET
Cost Engineers, also known as Quantity Surveyors, provide independent and impartial advice that can be trusted. At AS Jacobs the Quantity Surveyors proactively manage construction costs, from initial feasibility studies to the final account, to ensure best value for our clients. We develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ business goals and become their advocate in project delivery.
PQS – Pre-Contract and Tender Services
The experienced Cost Engineers at AS Jacobs have developed a range of tools to assist in optimising the relationship between the cost and quality of a project and our clients’ overall objectives.
The services offered by AS Jacobs to achieve these objectives are:
- Preparation of preliminary elemental estimates based on preliminary designs.
- Preparation of detailed estimates and cost planning advice throughout design development.
- Advice on cost benefits through buildability analysis.
- Advice on selection of tenderers.
- Attendance at design meetings and construction control meetings.
- Strategic advice of method of project procurement and tendering.
- Review of tenders received, reconciliation to budget, and recommendation of contractors.
- Attendance at tender interviews.
PQS – POST CONTRACT SERVICES
AS Jacobs utilises proven cost management, monitoring and cost reporting procedures. To maintain financial control the following services are available;
- Regular site visits and reviewing contractor progress claims for work in progress and recommending payment values.
- Measuring, pricing, and negotiating any variations.
- Attending meetings to protect the financial interests of the client.
- Litigation Advocacy, Expert Witness and Claim Services (Including Earthquake Damage Claims)
INDEPENDENT DISPUTE ADVICE
As independent advisors, we prepare a neutral evaluation that gives an objective analysis of the problem, and expert advice on ways to resolve it.
Areas included in our Dispute Advice services are:
- Cost/Quantum Analysis
With our extensive background in cost management and quantity surveying, our consultants have many years of experience managing project finances from tender stage through to the final account. They apply this experience to deal effectively and efficiently with matters already in dispute, or from which disputes may arise.
- Expert Witness Services
Our expert witness and advisory team prepares detailed independent and incisive reports as consulting experts for mediation, arbitration and litigation. When required, our professionals provide expert opinions by testimony.
Their services include the analysis of earthquake damage, quantum, loss assessment and adjustment, unsatisfactory repair defects surveys, cash out claim reconciliation and negotiation with insurers.